Sprint Offers FleetSafer to Help Employers Prevent Distracted Driving
This week's issue of Telematics Update explains how Sprint teamed up with Aegis Mobility to offer FleetSafer in an effort to help companies promote safe and legal use of mobile devices while employees are driving on the job.
So why does this partnership make sense? Here five reasons:
- Use of a mobile device while driving causes an employee to be 23X more likely to crash and exposes his/her employer to significant risk and liability.
- In today's world, 80% of employers have documented policies with regard to employee use of mobile devices while driving -- but few, if any, have governance tools necessary to ensure compliance.
- Sprint's legacy with Nextel push-to-talk is deeply ingrained in commercial fleet operations and Sprint understands that technology will play a huge role in helping businesses foster compliance and minimize distracted driving risks.
- FleetSafer software supports a broad range of mobile device types including Android and BlackBerry smartphones and tablets and Kyocera feature phones which creates strong synergy with Sprint's business customer base.
- Sprint's ability to include FleetSafer on a customer's existing Sprint bill makes it easy for employers to say yes
Distracted driving is incredibly risky business for employees and employers alike. Sprint, by joining forces with Aegis Mobility, is doing it's part to help businesses prevent distracted driving.